Last Minute Tax Tips For Investors
1. People should be taking a look at their IRAs and 401k plans. If you have IRAs in more than one place, consider consolidating them. IRAs in multiple places may be subject to be double charge. By consolidating them in one place, you will save yourself some money and it will be a lot easier for asset allocation because everything is in one place.
2. Many people forget about the Non-Working Spousal IRA deduction or IRA. Make sure you are aware of this type of deduction, and if qualified, you can save money and put almost $5,000 or $6,000 into an IRA of the spouse who isn’t working as long as the person, who is working, has income to cover it.
3. Play Catch-up: If you’re 50 years old or older, make sure to take advantage of catching up. Instead of putting $5,000 into an IRA, you can put $6,000 into an IRA.
4. Always make sure you’re taking the maximum out that you can afford to put into an IRA. The more you can afford to put in, is more earned money that is tax-deferred.
5. Start thinking about a ROTH IRA. Taxes are increasing and any money put into a Roth IRA is tax-free when the money is withdrawn. It may be a good idea to move more money into these Roth IRAs now.
6. Remember to rebalance your portfolios. They are probably over weighted in bonds. In 2008, bonds outperformed every other asset class by a great deal. The next year they fell to last place. In 2011, bonds outperformed all other 13 asset classes. It is known that an asset class that was #1 in one year, usually does not repeat the following year. 2012 is up in the air but it is important to note that the chances are high that 2012 will not be a good year to be in bonds.
For more information on managing your finances, or other financial advice, call DLG Wealth Management today at (518) 348-0060 to speak with a financial advisor in Albany, NY or Utica, NY. You can also see Managing Director, Andy Guzzetti, every Monday morning on WXXA Fox – Albany's Money Monday segments.
- STOCKS SPLITTING: WHAT DOES IT MEAN? DLG Wealth Management Weighs In On When Stocks Split and What You Should Know
- Are You Nearing Retirement? Here Are A Few Tips To Keep In Mind
- Student Loans - Major Problems Students Have To Face
- There's No Secret Here. Department of Labor Makes Big Changes to 401K Plans
- Managing Director of DLG Wealth Management Weighs In On Capital Region Housing
- 2012 Investment Camp Was A Great Success!
- The Importance of a Mid-Year Financial Checkup
- The Perfect Storm
- Third Annual Summer Investment Camp, July 2
- The Truth Behind Facebook's IPO
- ASSET ALLOCATION (5)
- college savings plan (2)
- DIVERSIFICATION (1)
- dlg wealth management (8)
- Dow Jones (2)
- education savings plan (2)
- financial advisors (14)
- financial advisors albany (16)
- financial advisors albany ny (14)
- financial planning (11)
- high frequency trading facts (1)
- how to start a new business (1)
- investing (9)
- investment advisors albany ny (10)
- Is high frequency trading bad? (1)
- last minute tax tips (1)
- MANAGED FUTURES (1)
- managing student loans (1)
- portfolio management (9)
- portfolio management albany ny (6)
- portfolio management saratoga ny (5)
- portfolio management utica ny (3)
- preparing for college (1)
- private wealth management (10)
- retirement planning (1)
- rising gas prices (2)
- roth ira (2)
- saving for college (1)
- student loan debt (1)
- traditional ira (2)
- VARIABLE ANNUITIES (1)
- Wealth Management (12)
- wealth management advisor (16)
- wealth management albany (14)
- wealth management company (15)
- wealth management company saratoga (1)
- wealth management firms saratoga ny (15)
- wealth management services utica (12)
- wealth management services utica ny (1)
- what is high frequency trading (1)
- Which IRA to have? (1)
- why are gas prices so high? (2)
DLG Wealth Management provides an exclusive range of solutions engineered to meet your individual needs.
Retirement Accounts are savings plans that allow investors to increase the size of their savings for retirement while taking advantage of special tax benefits.
We have established relationships with a variety of Insurance and Annuity companies which allows us to find the products that meet our clients’ needs.